Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Spaark!

Just got out of my Spark At Park class. My computer died halfway through. Gotta make sure I charge it up for next class. It was very interesting. Not sure how well I am going to do at multitasking and the random tweet comments are kind of distracting but we'll give it a go! However, I usually bring a pen and pad of paper when I go to hear someone speak so I can write down inspirational quotes so I guess I'll just tweet them. Yes that means I now have a twitter. No I will not be using it for fun. Strictly business. I don't like it but maybe that's just because I've never seen anyone use it except to post every thought that goes through their brain in the course of a day. I'm interested in seeing how Twitter is used in the professional world.

Well that's that. I have a paper and an abstract to work on tonight. Hopefully I get more done on the paper tonight than I did last night. Last night I looked up a bunch of sources that made me realize I should change my thesis statement. Back to square one. :P

Ordered "Water", directed by Deepa Mehta, via Walmart a couple days ago. I got a confirmation via email that it has been shipped. I choose that movie off the syllabus for my Intro to Film A&A research paper. We watched a movie in class that was in the same trilogy called "Earth" and it was a deeply moving feature so I am very excited to watch and analyze this film. Should be a blast!

Oh and I promised my Dad, who's birthday is today by the way, that I would blog about my experience eating moroccan crepes today. Unfortunately when I got to the dining hall, I found no such crepes. Instead I found muffaletta panini is what they were serving at the exhibition station, an equally interesting experience.



It's not my favorite and I almost didn't get it because it had melted cheese on it but I gave it a go anyway.







I neglected to blog over break because I was in the presence of most people who read my blog. Then I realized others had missed out. My itinerary was extensive to say the least but I wanted to share a couple pictures I took.



This is my sister, the picture is self explanatory.




This is my "brother" (on the left), also self explanatory.






These are the wonderful jalapeño poppers my mother made. AH!




Mmmmm!





Me madre.






Hehe!





Memere, pepere, tia and ika!






Papa!




Omelette I had before I left. Yummy!



(Made by papa!)

2 Comments:

At October 27, 2011 at 5:29 AM , Anonymous Dad said...

I am glad to hear you are trying new things. I think tweeting is used as a faster way to communicate things to a group. Like, "We need to change the opening question of our thesis because..."
I love you,
Dad

 
At October 27, 2011 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Amber Tebo said...

Great example. ;) Love you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home