Missions Field - Day 4
After getting so much rest this weekend, the early morning was quite the shocker and a long day of work led into a late night of present wrapping. With Christmas just around the corner, I felt torn between the true meaning of Christmas and the commercialized holiday that society has fostered. I'm sure this is part of the reason I waited until the last minute to do my Christmas shopping. It felt trite to buy gifts when Jesus offers the greatest gift of all, Himself.
Don't forget, during this holiday season, to give a little of yourself. Your time and energy, not just a little of your paycheck, are important to spreading the love of Jesus Christ. Jesus himself is a great example of self sacrifice being the ultimate gift you can give.
And I wasn't going to talk about this but it just happened again in the television so I feel like I ought to. I feel attacked from all sides by the crude sexual representations in our media. As a daughter of Christ, it sickens me. Why must we look on our brothers and sisters in lust? Have we no self respect? Our bodies are temples for Christ and should be treated as such.
Titus 2:11-14 "For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, 12 training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, 13 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works."
For by the grace of God, and ONLY by the grace of God, are we made pure and righteous. So, this Christmas, don't forget to recognize who Jesus is. The child who came down and became human, fully human but remained fully God so his sacrifice would be enough to cleanse us of our impurity.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home