Saturday, December 21, 2013

Missions Field - Days 1&2

Missions Field - Day #1

Sitting looking out my balcony one last time (my ride home has to get a jump because his battery died). Thinking about all the great times I've had in Ithaca. All the moments, all the struggles, and all the friends and family that have helped me make it this far.

I can't believe the movie is done! For those of you who don't know, I assembled a group of talented friends and we made a film this semester. While the film did turn out exactly the way it was suppose to (it never does) the relationships built and the conversations had on set were worth more that a thousand finished products. I'm so thankful for everyone who donated their time and energy to making this mission of making a film for God a reality.

Oh my ride just called and he's on his way. See you later, Ithaca! It's been grand!

To finish out the day, I got a letter from my boss, well the letter was from his secretary but essentially it was from my boss and everyone at the shop. The letter wished me a Merry Christmas and reminded me how blessed I am to have such a great job.

I'm also starting to prepare for the potential of leading a discovery bible study. If there is a need when I get to LA, I want to be ready. Had a nice long talk with Danny before I left and will be reaching out to Andrew Hocking for a reading list and advice. Goodnight all!

Missions Field - Day #2

Today was roughish. I discovered that within 24 hours of being home, my sister tweeted that she hated me three times and that she wished I wasn't home twice. I know she's a teenager and that no matter what happens Christ's love abounds for me but, even so, I could help but feel a little hurt. Pray for her, please.

I visited my memere and pepere. For the most part there were no tears, although, memere and I did talk about pepere's diagnosis while he wasn't there. She assured me that she's praying and so am I. Please keep my pepere in your prayers.

This evening, my parents and I went to my basketball game at my alma mater. It still sits uneasy with me that our mascot is the blue devil. It crossed my mine to petition to have it changed, but I doubt they would go for it. Too much money invested in the devil's name, unfortunately. After the game, my dad and I tried to see the Hobbit but there were projection problems and we had to leave. But I got the Christmas tree decorated which would not have happened after three hours of the Hobbit. It's a pretty tree.

Church tomorrow! Hoping the ice storm won't force me to stay home. Going to attempt to venture out to East Auburn Baptist Church.

1 Comments:

At December 22, 2013 at 8:16 PM , Anonymous Drew Masse said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a problem with us being called the Blue Devils!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home