Missions Field - Day 18
This morning I was feeling anxious. I can't explain it. I tried to read my bible but found myself not listening to my eyes. It was early morning, the roommate was still sleeping. So I bowed my head and just prayed my heart out. I dumped out to God everything that had been going through my head. I just kept talking until there was nothing else to say. Then I took a deep breathe and felt waves better. Literally, it felt like waves of comfort just overwhelming me.
Similarly tonight when I got home. I finished the sermon I had start this morning by Pastor John. He tells a parable, quoting from an author, about a man in an airport who called his wife in an airport and equated it to open communication with God over the practical needs of hunger. I almost went to bed without hearing that. I can't stress how important and refreshing taking the time for God has been in my life here.
I wasn't going to blog tonight but there are some things that are just too important to ignore. LA is crazy busy and has only begun to drain my energy, but I know God will help me and give me the strength to be diligent for him.
I went to the movies tonight. The movie sucked but I saw a preview for the film Lone Survivor. One quote from the trailer that stood out to be was one soldier saying, "When I fire my weapon, I don't do it to protect myself, I do it to protect the man fighting beside me."
It reminded me of a verse I'd read recently in John 15:
"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."
I pray daily that God will use me to lift up my friends. I may be three thousand miles away but I want you all to know that it gives me no greater joy than to encourage my friends. If you need anything, I'm only a phone call away.
God bless! Feel free to shoot me a message and let me know what God is doing in your life!
Oh and I almost forgot, the waiter at the restaurant we ate at before the movie this evening complimented my Awaken shirt and I got to have a little conversation about Awaken at my table. On the other side of the country and still being able to share about Awaken. #godisawesome


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home