Saturday, January 4, 2014

Missions Field - Day 15

Guess who found more errands to do. I'M SO DONE WITH SHOPPING! I never want to shop again. Ever.

But anyhow, I leave in t-18hoursish and I'm trying to figure out what to do to prepare (besides the physical preparations). I was missing my Ithaca friends last night. Bad. I got to talk to Kristine for a while but she was busy editing (typical Kristine <3 ). Maybe I'll give my GA a call. :)

I heard someone on the radio yesterday, I think it was the the radio host. He started talking about Jesus and the lepers (which I thought was funny cause that was the church sermon last sunday). The talking head said, "People told Jesus not to hang out with the lepers because they would make him unclean." Then, he did something he wouldn't normally do. He cut out all background music and kept talking, "They said by hanging out with them Jesus would become unclean. But by hanging out with them, they were made clean. Jesus hung out with them, he even touched them, and he was not made unclean but they were made clean. Jesus did not become unclean, they became clean."

Then the music came back on. I don't remember what song it was. I'd been so wrapped up in my own head worried about falling into the ways of the world while I'm out in LA. Going out alone as a Christian is scary, but that radio story help me realize, because Jesus lives in me, I will affect more people than will affect me.



By the way, Did anyone know there was a Third John? It's only about a page long, so it's not too big. I happened upon it last night. It's a cute little epistle.

***

Finishing up with a weight check...kitty included is still under 50!
Yay! Kitty can come!


Thanks for all the support, everyone. Please, keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I journey across the country.

2 Comments:

At January 4, 2014 at 10:34 AM , Anonymous Becca said...

NO mention of an M-AZING night at Starbucks last night??? lol Just kidding. :) Have an awesome and safe trip and I will miss you!

 
At January 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM , Blogger Amber Tebo said...

You didn't give me any pictures to work with! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home