Sunday, February 16, 2014

Missions Field - Day 57

That moment when your roommate is unknowningly listening to Christian music. For the win! I thought it sounded like Christian music and then the artist started singing about grace and I was like, "oh yeah, gotta be." I looked him up and found this interview:

"How would you say your faith impacts your music?"

"Anything that's on my mind or in my heart is a big part (directly or indirectly) of whatever I’m doing creatively. So, it plays a big role in the way I write and the reasons I write. I also really value the freedom I have as a Christian that's an artist but not necessarily a Christian artist. I think it can be hard to express certain things about faith when there are a pretty specific set of expectations around what you need to talk about and how you're talking about it."

His name is Ben Rector. He's got some nice music. Here's the song she was listening to:



I enjoyed the sermon at church today. Well, the college group sermon. I was so tired during the main sermon that I don't remember much of it. At Crossroads, the college sermon, we're continuing in 1 Cor. 13 and we analyzed a part of verse 7. Yes, I said a part. Verse 7 is pretty dense apparently, because he spent the whole sermon unpacking "bears all things." A lexicon definition of the word bear describes a covering or a roof. Pastor Austin explained that this refers to love's ability to hide/cover/excuse the errors of others, especially when those errors result in harm to itself. The bearing power of love also means that it doesn't broadcast the offenses suffered. Even under extreme pressure, love does not "spring a leak."

He finished with a quote from MacArthur, "Love never protects sin but is anxious to protect the sinner."

As for my internship, I love it! I got a high five the first day I came in and every time I’ve done something helpful I’ve gotten thank yous and compliments. I feel like I’m actually contributing usefully to the team and it’s a great environment to be working in. Everybody is so friendly and open to helping me learn. Lindsay and Eric (production manager and new production coordinator, respectively) and myself actually spent an hour talking about budgeting and breakdowns and they said if I had any questions I could come to them and that they would get me as involved as I wanted to be. God couldn't have blessed me with a better internship.

I apologize for not blogging as frequently. I just finished my first week at my internship and I'm getting use to managing my now limited time to get my homework done. Thanks for all your support and prayers. You know who you are. :)

As for Pepere, he seems to be doing well, as well as you can be on chemo. It was a bit sad to know that my memere and pepere went out to eat because he wanted to "one last time."

Prayers for God's will to be delivered in this situation, whether it's healing and/or comfort through this difficult time. I thank you for all the prayers that you've given so far. They've been a blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home