Contemplation
I enjoy my work study job at school. While is can be stressful at times [I'm talking you're backed up ten orders and are the only one making coffee drinks kind of stressful] it's also predictable; the coffee ingredients never change and you fall into a rhythm. It's repetitive and in a sense...strangely meditating.
You're probably thinking, "Wow, she's crazy. How can you find a stressful situation like that meditative?"
I like to think because it's solvable. So many things in life are unpredictable and sometimes there's just this need to have control over the chaos.
I also like to attribute my above average ability to manage stressful situations to my successful high school stage managing career and to all those who helped me get there [you know who you are]. That's just me being a little cocky I suppose. Hmmm, cocky is the wrong word. Let's call it a healthy dose of self confidence. (I like to boast about my stage managing career whenever I get the chance. I'm very proud of that part of my life.)
Speaking of being a little overzealous, I realize that my ambition to take on a film about the realities of depression for my first film may not be realistic, under the time restraints, to do it justice. That is something I did consider when I first thought of the idea but I think it needed a little time to sink in. In my mind, I was thinking, "Why go for small when you can reach for the stars!" I suppose I was just a little over ambitious this time. Another project for another time then.
And now off I go to deliver joy to the hearts of those who need it, via the coffee medium of course, and get my healthy dose of meditative rrrrrrrrrrepetition.


9 Comments:
Try whistling while you work, it adds to the experience.
I can't whistle. :(
Wise words from a young girl! Love you!
Hi Angel,
You are so smart.Some of the things you come up with amazes me. you are right about the depression subject. It will take time to do it justice. It is a very deep subject. Hope you had fun meditating while making coffee. Love you lots.Memere
Love you too. <3
Hi angel bug,
Don't know what happened with that first r in my name.Tried to change it and it would not let me. I mailed you an envelope on monday. I guess you didn't get it yet. Keep an eye out.
Love you lots.
Memere
I got it, thank you, it was sweet. :) I didn't smile much as a baby did I?
You smiled when you had stinky feet.
Hi angel, You smiled all the time.You were a happy and good baby.I use to carry that around in my pocket bood. You were sooooooooooo cute. Like I said in the card. They made me laugh and cry. You grew up toooooooooo fast. You must be busy with homework.That should be your priority.Glad you let me know you got them.Love you lots. Memere
Post a Comment
<< Home