Friday, April 20, 2012

Dull Pain

I don't know what to say today. Feeling particularly weary. That's the only word I can find to summarize this mind-numbing fogginess accompanied by tired eyes and body ache. It's a nice warm sunny day and I'm donning a sweater and jeans. Hoping this doesn't mean I'm getting sick.


Knowing I should do some work on my research paper, which is due not this monday but next, when all I want to do is sleep is brutal. It's a catch 22 cause I don't know if I would be able to sleep if I allowed myself to.

How much longer? 18 days? I can do this (I hope).


...



Today Bud talks about the meaning of life. By today I mean the blog I'm reading today. I believe he wrote this sometime in October.

Fragments From My Ongoing Quest to Understand "The Big It"


"By the time we realize that our days on this earth are numbered and, if we are lucky as I am and we have a little time left to reflect on such things, the balance in that initial existential question from my youth has changed from the individual “what should I live for?” to the relational “what has my life meant to others?”

This is not a question I can answer. That is because it is an answer that can only be given to me, and to us, by those we have been privileged to serve, and to those we have been blessed to love."


So...what has my life meant to you?



...

Update!!!!

Had a nap and donned some shorts cause it's toasty out. Feelin' pretty! :)

2 Comments:

At April 21, 2012 at 3:19 AM , Anonymous Memere Franck said...

Angel you are scaring me with some of these comments and questions. What has your life meant to me? "MY LIFE"! You have been one of the biggest joys of my life from day one to now. I think you are trying too hard to be perfect and to please. Take it day by day and rest when you have too. You will have all summer to figure out what is best for you. Love you with all my heart. Memere

 
At April 21, 2012 at 3:54 AM , Anonymous Dad said...

It's the duty of youth to question the meaning of life while they still have time to do something about it. In my experience life is a journey, the hard parts make the wonderful parts more meaningful, like this morning and this afternoon (timeframe of your posts).
I do take issue with you questioning your ability, remember:
They can who believe they can.
Love,
Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home