New News!
Virginia Tech Shooting: Shots Fired At Virginia Tech, At Least 2 Confirmed Dead
Another Virginia Tech shooting. What are the odds?
Anyway, I thought I would take this opportunity to
1) inform those who read my blog but don't readily read the news about the news of Virginia Tech and
2) encourage students on college campuses to know your school's active shooter policies and notification systems.
To my fellow students, here are some links to our emergency resources.
Emergency Response Plan <---This is the Emergency Response Plan. This part of the school's website explains what the college has for procedures in place and resources the college has set up. Not a lot of time? At least check out the "Shots Fired" video by following this link. Emergency Response Guide PDF <----This is the Emergency Response Guide, a pdf that includes exactly what will occur in case of an incident, including explanation of technical terms and what you should do.
Also be sure to sign up for our school's Emergency Notification System.
Interested in more information on how to keep yourself safe? Take this course offered by the Emergency Management Institute.
IS-907 - Active Shooter: What You Can Do
Live streaming news of the event.
Transitioning, my presentation went well yesterday. I even included a little improv. Just some information a read before class that wasn't in my presentation. No big deal. :)
Me studying. It's an old photo but it's basically all I'm doing nowadays.
I helped my friend with his mockumentary yesterday. He needed actors so I volunteered. I'll let you know when the link is available. I have to help him create a youtube account so we can share it when he's finished.
Second dusting of snow yesterday. It's sticky snow and to my surprise it is still somewhat here today. I made a couple snowballs yesterday and threw them at trees. I was so excited!
Finally, my cousin and his friends created this song and the music video that goes with it. I found it well done. Enjoy!
I miss you, Maine!
15 1/2 days. :)



5 Comments:
Hi angel bug. Glad your onto the safety thing. It is pretty scary what can happen. I knew your presentation would go well. You are just a natural. The video is good but scares me with the subject matter. Hope it's all fictional and not realy on his mind. TGIF. I am off after today until Weds. Plan to finish up Christmas stuff. Have a great day. Love you lots. Memere
I don't think he's planning to rob a store if that's what you mean. Hahaha!
And fun!! How come you have so much vacation time before Christmas? Love you too!
Hi angel bug. I had time accumalated because I did not take any time off before my surgery this year. I can only carry over 40 hours. I would loose the rest.I will start the year with about 32 hours accumalated then I have 4 weeks for next year with that. I like to save some in case of an emergency.I had to use the days or loose them. NO WAY!!Love you lots. MEMERE
Well that's awesome! I hope you enjoyed your time off. I miss you bunches and love you lots more!
Hey Mom, in case you read this, Actually Brandon has a ton of songs all with different subject matter and some of it is awesome. Some totally heartfelt and deep. Pretty proud of him for his music really! And that's alot coming from me, you know!
Andrea
Post a Comment
<< Home