Monday, September 17, 2012

Exploring Christianity

If you hadn't pick up from my previous blog posts, I've been searching for a bigger purpose for my life. Sure, we can all pursue interests and careers and things on Earth we're passionate about but what then? Now, I'm not trying to put down the value of earthly pursuits. I'm just saying there's got to be something bigger, something we're working for that's bigger than myself.

I found God once senior year and things worked out pretty well. I was content and happy. I went to the Vineyard and I felt accepted. I still had questions then but senior year kinda engulfed me so I didn't really pursue any answers. I just accepted God.

Then I went off to college and my world flipped upside down. Nothing was the same including my faith in God. This year a friend suggested I find God again. I'm so glad he did. My re-found faith in God has brought so much peace into my life. I love the community of my fellow brothers and sisters. I feel loved and content with myself for the first time in a long time.

But it has also brought more questions and more unknowns. Am I worthy of God's Grace and undying love for me?



This video confronts a lot of the questions I have about religion and God and Christianity (in a humorous way, it's worth watching).

But once you've watched that I'd like to recap to this part (note: you won't really understand this part if you didn't watch the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRmB-a1axkg&feature=youtu.be&t=11m13s <---This part confronted my question about being worthy. Does God tolerate me?


I'll be honest, I'm still pretty lost. As much as I've come to accept God, I still feel like a outsider looking in. It's like I'm saying "God's Grace is really awesome. I wish I could have that." But how? How do I get it?


I hope this helps anyone dive into an analysis, a deeper thinking, of the bigger picture with me. I'm up for discussion if you are inspired or intrigued.

5 Comments:

At September 17, 2012 at 3:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't need to wish that you have grace. God's grace overflowed when Jesus took up the cross. It's freely given to you out of love, all you have to do is accept that grace.

 
At September 17, 2012 at 6:20 PM , Anonymous Becca C. said...

Hey I just want to share some verses:
1 Timothy 1:12 -16;
12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service. 13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. 15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

1 Corinthians 15:9-11:
9 For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. 11 Whether, then, it is I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed.

Amber, I know how you feel, I've felt unworthy of God in my life many times. I've thought of it this way: I am a sinner. When I commit one sin, I've committed them all. I am not worthy. But then because God Loved me so much, He sent His ONE and ONLY Son to die on the cross for me and my sins (John 3:16), I was washed clean. God didn't see me as a dirty, filthy rag (Isaiah 64) He saw me clean, I was washed white as snow with the blood of Jesus.(Isaiah 1:18) His righteous was placed on my account and now I am a child of God. And because I'm a child of God, I am His, I am worthy.
Hope this helps :) Let me know any other questions or you just want to talk, you know how to reach me.
~Becca <3

 
At September 17, 2012 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Amber Tebo said...

Thank you, Becca. <3

 
At September 18, 2012 at 3:45 AM , Anonymous Dad said...

You are one of the goodest (I know it's not a word but it's perfect for this sentence) people I know. Get on the bus.
Love,
Dad

 
At September 18, 2012 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Amber Tebo said...

I forgive your poor grammar, papa. It makes beautiful sense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home